Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Screws and Plates

Today I went back to the doc. They took some x-rays and then removed all the staples - 22 total. The x-rays look really good and the bones are perfectly lined up - Doc was really happy. I have 5 screws and a plate in my ankle now holding everything together. I will be on chair/bed rest for 6 more weeks. I can't do anything weight bearing activities at all. I basically have to keep still and avoid bumping my foot on anything.

What I am I going to do for 6 weeks to keep myself from going crazy?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe you can finish knitting the scarf I was working on while I was down 4 years ago ! lol. I only sort of got the hang of knitting but was done with it when i was up again. No cast for you? I had one for a month I think. Glad every thing looks ok for you. Glad you have a good doctor. Hang in there Chanda, I truly believe you are going to come through this ok and perhaps even more determined to finish what you started. But for now, just for now, take it easy rest and heal...then you can come back with gang busters!! Which I am sure you will.
keep posting.. I am going to keep praying for quick recovery for you :-)