Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quick Update

I am only 18 days away from my next half marathon!! The Disneyland Half Marathon!! So excited!! This last Saturday I completed my long mileage day - 10 miles in under 3 hours! This was really good for me. I am not a fast runner by any means.  I was concerned with my time because there is a time cut off at mile 4 (1 hour 35 min) and mile 10 (3 hours 10 min), but I should be fine! (Also super excited for my little guy who will be doing his first race ever! 100 yards Kids Race in California Adventures.)

Here is a picture of the race course - Super excited about running through the parks and going through Angel's Stadium!



Last night, I did one of my midweek runs, 2 miles in under 25 minutes!! So stoked about my run!! My husband thought it was just ok, but I know it rocks for me! He just doesn’t see the improvements I have made in my running since 2008 (the last time he ran with me). I have shaved minutes off and my endurance has greatly improved. I have also gotten a better grasp on the mental aspect of running. Just being able to go out and consistently push myself is a huge accomplishment. I do most of my training on my own and it would be so easy to cheat myself out of miles and skip workouts because I am tired, but I have finally figured out that I can do it on my own and that I am stronger for it.

I have also begun training for the Tour de Fresno and the Valley Girls Ride. Yep, I am back on my bike. So far training is going well and the Women on Wheels group that I am riding with is awesome!!

Also, my Salad Challenge is going well. Still loving all the yummy greens!

Dare to be Remarkable!!

Chandra

1 comment:

Sam's Minions (aka parents- Angie and Brian) said...

In reading your profile, you could be describing me.

I'm using one of my blogs to write about my own weight loss adventure and half marathon training regiment.

Feel free to stop by and say hi.

http://missionprobable.blogspot.com