Monday, June 2, 2008

Craziness!!

Okay here it is - I am crazy but I am driven !! I am going to run the Nike Women's Marathon on October 18, 2008. My goal is to complete 26.2 miles along the most scenic section of the San Francisco coastline. In order to reach this goal I have joined the most amazing organization. TEAM IN TRAINING!!! The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training is a awesome group that trains participants for endurance events while the participates raise money for cancer research and patient outreach. I can not think of a better way to help other and reach a amazing goal. I will be raising $2,800 dollars to help find a cure! I also have a wonderful friend who has joined me in this adventure - THANKS JENNIE!! My training started May 17, 2008 and I will be keeping everyone posted on my training.

Why am I doing this? First, my extended family has been touched many times by cancer (several family members have lost the fight) and I feel I need to do something to help find a cure. Second, I am blessed to have a happy and healthy little boy and wonderful husband. Lastly, I have had some very difficult personal issues recently and feel a need to prove to myself that I am better than what people give me credit for. I need to kick this depression and get myself on track!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

CORRECTION TO THE DATE THE MARATHON - IT IS OCTOBER 19, 2008!!!