Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today!

So this morning I get up and head to Fig Garden Village to run in the Rotary 5k race. Well everything was fine until mile 1.5 - I dodged a little dog that ran at me and slipped on a plastic cup one of the other runners had discarded on the path. I ended up banging my right knee against a retaining wall which resulted in me basically walking the balance of the race. IT SUCKED and now my knee is super sore. Otherwise the race would have been pretty good.

This afternoon I had my Body Shop Fundraiser. It was nice. I had about 5 orders so I will make a little cash for my fundraising goal. The consultant was a sweethart. The biggest surprise of the day was a $50 check I recieved from my neighbor. I am glad that I prepared flyer packets with coverletter about want I am doing and enclosing copies of flyers for all the events I have planned that my sister, her husband and my bother distributed through the neighborhoods around me.

The next event I will be concentrating on is BUNCO!!! This is going to be so much fun and will greatly help my dear friend Jennie and myself raise some much needed funds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I lived near you, I'd sign up! I love bunco, too. Check out my website devoted to
bunco. It has lots of free stuff and party ideas. Suggestions for improvement welcome.:) Thanks!