Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update

Okay, I have been really busy the last couple of weeks. I have been trying to get my runs in, but it has been hard and it has been hot. On the 4th of July, my friend Jennie and I ran in the Lemoore/Navy 5k. It was fun, but it kicked my butt because I had slacked off on my training. I was shocked how easily your body can revert back to being a couch potato. After the race we spent the day hosting a fundraising booth. It was a lot of fun and Jennie raised a good amount of money, but I was not so successful. Thank goodness for the Navy Cycling Team guys that were there, if they hadn't stopped buy to inquire about our training I wouldn't have made any money.

I went to the coached training on Saturday and my knee hurt!!! I was supposed to do 7 miles and I was only able to do 4. The path from the race on the 4th was a little slanted so I think I put some stress on my knee and has taken a couple of days to recover from. Last night I did a yoga class and it kicked my butt! My legs have gotten so tight, particularly my calfs. I thought I would die each time we did downward facing dog. After class I felt great - I will definately be going to yoga twice a week now.

Fundraising is hard!!! I am trying to raise as much of the money as I can before I go to Hawaii in September but I am struggling. If anyone has any ideas - PLEASE SHARE THEM!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey Chandra! Hang in there- you're doing great - the heat is making these runs really hard! My fundraising was slow at first but finally got going. I sent out about 100 letters and e-mails to everyone I could think of (wedding guest list is a good place to start!) and gave them a June 30th deadline - sure enough, donations starting coming in right before the 30th. I'm also doing a Pampered Chef party and did a Tahoe Joe's fundraiser on Sunday - I really have no idea how much they will bring in but so far they were pretty easy to plan. Good luck!